Help finding an old topic from the Atomic Think Tank

General discussions about role-playing games. Share stories, ask for advice, talk about the industry, etc.
Ares
Site Admin

Help finding an old topic from the Atomic Think Tank

Post by Ares »

Hey folks. Looking for some help from the long time members of the community that have been here since the Atomic Think Tank days.

For those not in the know, The Atomic Think Tank was where this community really got its start, before the forums moved to Roninarmy and then a lot of us moved over here. Green Ronin maintains the old ATT forums, but have disabled the ability to Search it.

In any case, I'm trying to find an old topic that I believe was posted there in the Settings forum. I believe it was a merged RPG-verse setting, combining elements of Freedom City, META-4, Silver Age Sentinels and Champions, and everyone could contribute to it. I also want to say it was fairly long running. Anyone remember it?

Going through there, I've found a couple of old gems. If anyone would like to use this thread to find other topics or post links to them here, please feel free.

While unrelated to the thread I was looking for, this old Jumper / Heroes / 4400 thread is pretty solid for ideas. These days I'd probably throw Mutant X into that setting as well. Maybe video games like inFAMOUS too.
"My heart is as light as a child's, a feeling I'd nearly forgotten. And by helping those in need, I will be able to keep that feeling alive."
- Captain Marvel SHAZAM! : Power of Hope (2000)

Want to support me and Echoes of the Multiverse? Follow this link to subscribe or donate.
Ares
Site Admin

Re: Help finding an old topic from the Atomic Think Tank

Post by Ares »

The thread I'm looking for is kind of similar to this thread by Kreuzritter, which has a lot of solid ideas in and of itself. In that thread I'm looking for I posted up some ideas regarding Centurion, Protonik, Sentinel and Vanguard, who opperated as that world's "Big Four", being the Superman analogies of Freedom City, META-4, Silver Age Sentinels and Champions respectively.
"My heart is as light as a child's, a feeling I'd nearly forgotten. And by helping those in need, I will be able to keep that feeling alive."

Want to support me and Echoes of the Multiverse? Follow this link to subscribe or donate.
Ares
Site Admin

Post by Ares »

I'm probably going to just turn this post into my genera "this is a cool thread from ATT" post.

Charles Phipps Merged DC/Marvel Universe thread had a lot of fun ideas.

And here's my old Mean Streets of Magic thread that I might need to revisit someday.

FuzzyBoots

Post by FuzzyBoots »

Wouldn't be Reality Storm Reflections? It's one you started, but Libra did a lot of posting and it namechecks those four at the outset.

Google search query of site:www.atomicthinktank.com "Mutants & Masterminds Settings" ares protonik

Searching by site is a handy trick.
FuzzyBoots

Post by FuzzyBoots »

Ares
Site Admin

Post by Ares »

FuzzyBoots wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 5:16 pm Wouldn't be Reality Storm Reflections? It's one you started, but Libra did a lot of posting and it namechecks those four at the outset.

Google search query of site:www.atomicthinktank.com "Mutants & Masterminds Settings" ares protonik

Searching by site is a handy trick.
That's the thread! Thank you so much. I honestly had forgotten that you could use Google to search by site, honestly. :oops:

Ares
Site Admin

Post by Ares »

You know, going through those old threads reminds me of how much more active I use to be on the creative side of things. Most of my creative energies these days is on that RPG system I'm hoping to Kickstart, but I need to start posting some more home brew stuff on here.

FuzzyBoots

Post by FuzzyBoots »

I always admired the people who could build the settings like that. My brain doesn't seem to organize that way. I get stuck in the weeds while trying to figure out my overall geography.
Egyptoid

Post by Egyptoid »

I use this search every half an hour for stuff proditor site:www.atomicthinktank.com
<<<<< <<<< MARVEL SUPERHEROES :arrow: Thunderfury Comics >>>>>>> >>>>>>