Site Admin

Writing Tournament 1 - Bladewind's Misfits

Post by Ares » Sat Jul 28, 2018 3:10 am

So Bladewind's team:

Bladewind - Bladewind's Misfits
Marathon (Strikeforce Morituri)
Tracks (Transformers - G1)
Agent J (Men in Black)
Nightcrawler (Kurt Wagner; Marvel Comics)
Orko (Masters of the Universe)
Cheetara (ThunderCats)
Ahsoka Tano (Star Wars)

Will face off against:

Batgirl III - The Multiversal Birds of Prey
Batgirl III (Cassandra Cain; DC Comics)
Buffy Summers (Buffy the Vampire Slayer, TV Series)
Liv Moore (iZombie, TV Series)
Mary Marvel (Mary Bromfield, DC Comics)
Melinda May (Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., TV Series)
She-Hulk (Jennifer Walters; Marvel Comics)
Zatanna (Zatanna Zatara; DC Comics)

MacynSnow - The Arrowverse Rogues
Captain Cold (Leonard Snart) played by Wentworth Miller
Heat-Wave (Mick Rory) played by Dominic Purcell
Trickster (James Jesse) played by Mark Hamil
The Top (Rosa Dillon) played by Ashley Rickardson
Golden Glider (Lisa Snart) played by Peyton List
Mirror Master (Sam Scudder) played by Grey Damon
Captain Boomerang (Digger Harkness) played by Nick E.Taraby

Shadowmask - Los Defensores (The Defenders) "Porque es nuestro momento de ascender." ("Because its our time to rise.")
Firebird (Bonita Juarez; Marvel Comics)(Avengers)
El Dorado (Super Friends)(DC Animated TV Series)
Living Lightning (Miguel Santos; Marvel Comics)(Avengers)
Arana (Anya Corazon; Marvel Comics)
Vibe (Francisco "Cisco" Ramon; DC Comics)
Bane (DC Comics)
Sunspot (Roberto DaCosta; Marvel Comics)(New Mutants)

Ares - Champions of Eternity
Captain Marvel (Billy Batson, DC Comics)
Kamen Rider Kuuga (Yusuke Godai,Kamen Rider)
Wuji Chang (Heaven's Sword & Dragon's Saber)
Honey Lemon (Big Hero 6 - The Animated Series)
Valkyrie (Vanessa Ashe, Paragons)
Peter Petrelli (Heroes)
Yrel (World of Warcraft)

FIGHT!

Bladewind

Re: Writing Tournament 1 - Bladewind's Misfits

Post by Bladewind » Mon Jul 30, 2018 10:17 pm

SCENE 1 - INTROS

The handsome almost eternally youthful man in the black suit sat across from the pristine desk of his superior officer. The small office was almost a bowl shaped glass sphere with some sections – notably the floor – being opaque. The result was that the office had a view of the operations and nerve center of the operation that they both worked for.

"I am really getting tired of finding out that there are things that are STILL above my pay grade."
The male said. "Not saying I'm surprised, and this really only hits like 4.5, 5.0 max on my weird shit-o-meter, but interdimensional breaches? Letting in superheroes, supervillains and all other sorts of weirdness that we might consider fiction. So in addition to aliens hiding among us, we now have not-so-fictional fictional characters doing a worse job of blending in that aliens.

"Yeah. It`s Tuesday."

"K is already out there, he took one of the rookies." The woman behind the desk said, "I need you out there J. And your first two assignments are these."

She turned around a manila folder and slid it across the desk. Agent J skeptically picked it up and glanced at the contents, stopping at the picture first and going back to read the contents, his eyes widening.

"You`ve got to be kidding me."
His eyes stared at a pristine metallic blue corvette, a firebird emblem on its hood with a stylized red robotic face centered in place of the bird`s body.

"I wish I were. But that one's not the problem. The reject from a gladiator movie – and by reject I only mean that he doesn't belong here – walking around freaking people out. He`s the one that we need to contain. He looks confused, and judging by his size and outfit, I doubt he`s a weakling. Initial research suggests he's from a future point in Earth`s history where aliens have invaded – "

"Now that at least is something familiar."
J interjected.

"Yes. But instead of having a group such as our own to defend the Earth, they make superheroes out of teenagers. The worst part is their powers are killing them and most cause collateral damage when they go. We have no way of knowing when or if this being is going to go. The Arqullian down in archives says we don't want to know when this one will go."

"Alright, giant superman, might nuke a city block," he looked at the woman's face, "city? State? Right, so like I said, Tuesday.

"I'm going after the 'vette first."

J skimmed the folder one last time before heading down to the armory and taking a small handgun. He considered taking a rookie as well, but decided against it, instead getting behind the wheel of his ford LTD Crown Victoria. The car pulled from the curb with more power than it ought to have and J drove towards the last known location of the blue corvette. An auto show. Figured.

A short time later, he was inside the show, walking around as inconspicuously as a man in a black suit amongst relatively casual people could be. He approached the blue corvette and was almost sure the damn thing was beaming and enjoying being the center of everyone`s attention. They pointed and marveled at the car`s paint job and especially the hood. J pulled out a cell phone and pretended to talk into it.

"Making Tracks. This isn`t a halfhearted attempt to recreate it. If I didn't know better I`d say I'd say it was an original."

With no response to the flattery, J, closed his phone and decided to wait a little longer until the show closed and simply come back into the area when no one was looking. He had to neutralize a few people to get in – he still hated doing that, wondering what it would do long term to people's minds. But time was ticking and O wouldn't be pleased that he was taking this much time as it was.

"Alright Blue."
He said as he approached the car, "My instincts tell me you're more than meets the eye. And with a kick-ass hood spread like that, I'm guessing you`re no Decepti-freak." He hoped he had the language. "See, the thing is, I've heard tell that there are some pretty weird things about to go down, and an agent like myself could probably use the superior firepower, not to mention the wheels, of a bot that made things look this good."

J smiled as he looked up while Tracks transformed. Flattery worked.

"I'm flattered," the 20-some foot robot said without bending down, it`s voice an exaggerated aristocratic drawl. "Tell me where I am, and how I got here, and I'd be willing to consider assisting you. Provided my paint job doesn`t get scratched."

Minutes later, J was behind the wheel, letting Tracks do the driving as they headed to intercept the other being on his list, and now the third and fourth that O had added while he was recruiting the Autobot. K radioed in as well, indicating that he`d been attacked by what almost amounted to shadows. They were after the device he and his partner had secured to close the breaches allowing extradimensionals into the city.

"Alright Tracks," J said as they pulled up a few meters from the behemoth in gladiator armor. "Sit here and look awesome for me. I'll try and reason with Colossus here."

"That should be easy for me." Came the reply, the same almost condescending aristocratic tone as always. "And don't you mean Marathon?"

"pshh."

(Okay, half my team almost assembled, going to finish tonight.)
Thorpocalypse wrote:
Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:01 pm
Building to be comics "accurate" is different than building to run a PC or building something to challenge a group.
Bladewind's 3ed M&M Builds
The Merge Setting document

Bladewind

Re: Writing Tournament 1 - Bladewind's Misfits

Post by Bladewind » Thu Aug 02, 2018 11:00 pm

A crowd was forming and even from the outer edge of the gathering, J could easily see his "target" towering over the group. Marathon`s head was moving from side to side as if he was confused - which was likely. J pulled out an id badge and started making his way through the crowd.

"Did you see that ?" One person could be overheard, "He was about to toss a car like it was a paper cup!"

"Who's the girl talking to him?" Asked another.

J made his way around, his sunglasses and neuralizer already in hand. Pressing a finger to his temple he relayed a message to command.

"O, this is J. I need clean up. And maybe a film crew."

He stepped forward, nudging people gently aside with polite "excuse mes" and "Division 6, pardon me" where required. two police officers were warily closing in while a third was trying to disperse the crowd. Marathon was intently focused on the woman - girl? - in front of him and was obstructing J`s ability to see her. Catching the officers' attention, he waved them down with a look K would have been proud of. A look that said, this is my mess now and it`s okay, put away your pea shooters and let the adults talk.

"Scuse me." J said stepping into the large man's view and trying to stay just out of reach. He noted a car next to them with what looked like grip marks dented into the frame. "I'm Agent Smith from Division 6. Can we take this somewhere more private?"

He caught a better view of the girl - teen age judging by her frame, but hard to tell with the cloak she was wearing. He guessed Middle Easterner of some kind by the way the hood sat oddly on her head. Like it was covering hair that was pinned up or covered in a very specific style.

"I really hope there are no Ballchinians in town this week." J muttered.

"I`ve got a car waiting, I just want to talk."

Marathon turned, suspicion clear in his eyes and his arms tensed, his fists began to ball.

"No." The girl said, and her voice was definitely teen-agish. She ignored J, her attention focused on Marathon. "Look at me please. You don`t want to cause damage. You don`t want to hurt anyone. That man makes sense. We want to go with him."`

Was she performing Jedi Mind Tricks ? J hid his surprise. He could hear the clean up crew arriving, and hoped they`d be out of view before his teammates got there. Jedi or not, he didn't want Marathon to feel threatened. The large muscular man looked at her.

"I don`t want to cause damage. I don`t want to hurt anyone. That man makes sense. We want to go with him."

It took J a moment to gather his normal unflappable style and respond. He gestured towards Tracks, hoping the Autobot wouldn`t complain about the weight,

"Hey folks!" He called out. "Pretty neat stunt, huh?! Take a look over here and all your questions will be answered !"

The flash of red light and the thump of the neuralizer deploying rendered the throng of people quiet and docile.

"Yeah, we're filming a movie - publicity stunt is more like it. CGI will make this guy a Wookie and, well, Star Wars Episode 9, coming soon."

His voice trailed off as another agent approached.

"Ah finish that memory for me, wouldja? And do a purge of electronic devices in a 300 foot radius, standard internet sweep. I've got those two."

J walked around the car to the driver side as the young woman climbed into the backseat. Tracks complained a little about the large man getting into the passenger side of the car but J ignored him as he got into the driver's seat.

"Back to HQ. And do you GPS so we can get around traffic? Sooner we get out of sight, the better."

A slight mechanical whirring later and J started in his seat as they were lifting off. He sighed.

"You can`t be pulling this shit in full view of people !" He activated his comm.

"I need this wiped too. Sorry!"

The car flew off, wings having unfolded from beneath, with the three extra-dimensional beings and the MiB agent inside.

"So, miss. Who might you be?"

She lowered the hood to her shoulders, large grapefruit-like eyes looked at him with more wisdom than her features would suggest, and J practically stared at her head tails.

"My name is Ahsoka Tano."
Thorpocalypse wrote:
Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:01 pm
Building to be comics "accurate" is different than building to run a PC or building something to challenge a group.
Bladewind's 3ed M&M Builds
The Merge Setting document