Writing Tournament 1 - Shadowmask's Los Defensores

For those who have a way with words.
Ares
Site Admin

Writing Tournament 1 - Shadowmask's Los Defensores

Post by Ares » Sat Jul 28, 2018 3:08 am

So Shadowmask's team:

Shadowmask - Los Defensores (The Defenders) "Porque es nuestro momento de ascender." ("Because its our time to rise.")
Firebird (Bonita Juarez; Marvel Comics)(Avengers)
El Dorado (Super Friends)(DC Animated TV Series)
Living Lightning (Miguel Santos; Marvel Comics)(Avengers)
Arana (Anya Corazon; Marvel Comics)
Vibe (Francisco "Cisco" Ramon; DC Comics)
Bane (DC Comics)
Sunspot (Roberto DaCosta; Marvel Comics)(New Mutants)

Will face off against:

Batgirl III - The Multiversal Birds of Prey
Batgirl III (Cassandra Cain; DC Comics)
Buffy Summers (Buffy the Vampire Slayer, TV Series)
Liv Moore (iZombie, TV Series)
Mary Marvel (Mary Bromfield, DC Comics)
Melinda May (Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., TV Series)
She-Hulk (Jennifer Walters; Marvel Comics)
Zatanna (Zatanna Zatara; DC Comics)

MacynSnow - The Arrowverse Rogues
Captain Cold (Leonard Snart) played by Wentworth Miller
Heat-Wave (Mick Rory) played by Dominic Purcell
Trickster (James Jesse) played by Mark Hamil
The Top (Rosa Dillon) played by Ashley Rickardson
Golden Glider (Lisa Snart) played by Peyton List
Mirror Master (Sam Scudder) played by Grey Damon
Captain Boomerang (Digger Harkness) played by Nick E.Taraby

Bladewind - Bladewind's Misfits
Marathon (Strikeforce Morituri)
Tracks (Transformers - G1)
Agent J (Men in Black)
Nightcrawler (Kurt Wagner; Marvel Comics)
Orko (Masters of the Universe)
Cheetara (ThunderCats)
Ahsoka Tano (Star Wars)

Ares - Champions of Eternity
Captain Marvel (Billy Batson, DC Comics)
Kamen Rider Kuuga (Yusuke Godai,Kamen Rider)
Wuji Chang (Heaven's Sword & Dragon's Saber)
Honey Lemon (Big Hero 6 - The Animated Series)
Valkyrie (Vanessa Ashe, Paragons)
Peter Petrelli (Heroes)
Yrel (World of Warcraft)

FIGHT!

Shadowmask

Re: Writing Tournament 1 - Shadowmask's Los Defensores

Post by Shadowmask » Sun Jul 29, 2018 12:47 am

ROUND ONE:

El Dorado sighed as he watched Bonita Juarez paced the ground between them in frustration. It had been going on for over an hour now since she learned of the mission...as well as who was sent on recon...

"Por Favor, Mujer!" he said in a harsh tone, harsher than he had intended but at least it had gotten her attention. "Nothing is going to happen." he added in a softer voice. "Bane has given us no reason to doubt him or his intentions..."

Bonita alias Firebird threw up her hands. "No es esto, Dorado. I just don't like them together. Araña is still a minor and quite impressionable and he is a former criminal..."

El Dorado laughed. "Ay, senorita! Do i detect just a tiny bit of jealously?" He raised his hand in mock defense to Firebird's enraged stare. "And calling her a child within earshot can be quite painful as the bruises i still carry can attest. Ahora, let us put aside this and concentrate on the mission."

"Are you sure that Dominus has completely brainwashed them? Oh, what am i saying? Of course you are."

"Si, my mystic visions had warned me of the Birds Of Prey's capture and subsequent mental enslavement by our old foe, Dominus. But by the time i've gathered the rest of Los Defensores, it was already too late and now they are on their way here."

"But why, El Dorado? What is it about this place that would bring them here?"

El Dorado hesitated for a moment as he choose his words carefully. He did not fully understand the object himself but he was loathed to admit this to anyone.

"I'm afraid the situation is dire, Firebird. Buried on the ground we are standing on, is a device of the Quist, Dominus' people. An Psych-Enchancer that will boost Dominus' powers to godlike levels and before you even ask: no, he cannot get it himself. Decades ago, there was a Gamma bomb test near here which damaged the Quist device by irradiating it with Gamma radiation and making it lethal to him and others of his kind. So he needs someone like She-Hulk burrow straight into the ground and safely retrieve and activate the device. The other Birds of Prey were along for the ride and was caught with She-Hulk."

Firebird frowned at all this. "Why then don't we destroy the accursed thing?"

El Dorado tilted his head back and brayed with laughter. Bonita wasn't amused.

"Forgive me, my dear. I was not mocking you. The device is already destroyed, right Miguel?"

There was a sudden rumbling sound from the ground as a human shaped bolt of electricity erupted, shot into the air and landed next to them. The electrical energy form transformed into Miguel Santos the Living Lightning.

"All done. The Quist machine is just a smoking pile of slag now."

El Dorado nodded grimly. All traces of humor on his face was gone now and Firebird and Living Lightning took notice and tensed.

"Now comes the hard part, mi amigos. We have no choice but to fight and restrain the Birds Of Prey long enough so my mental powers can free th......."

El Dorado never finished his sentence as a large jade skinned woman had suddenly landed between the trio and slammed a fist into El Dorado's chest, sending him flying.

Firebird and Living Lightning reacted quickly to the intruder which they recognized as She-Hulk.

"Jennifer, stop this please!" Firebird cried to no avail. She-Hulk's eyes glowed with a lambent red energy. Before Firebird can take into the air, a loud voice was chanting:

"Dnaskciuq!" And Firebird found herself sinking into the ground. She saw the chanter was a woman wearing some sort of magician's outfit. This one also had the same glowing eyes as Jennifer's.

Living Lightning moved to help her but his way was blocked by another woman with glowing red eyes, this one was flying and wearing a red uniform with a yellow lighting bolt emblazoned on her chest and a white cape.

"Love the outfit. But miniskirts aren't my thing." he remarked wryly as he changed into his electrical form.

END OF ROUND ONE.