Page 5 of 5

Re: Writing Tournament - Open Invitation to All - See Inside for Details

Posted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 3:57 am
by Ares
Batgirl III wrote:
Mon Jun 25, 2018 3:29 am
I just realized that my Multiversal Birds of Prey have exactly one character with powers that don't stem from magic or undeath. :lol:
Yeah, Power Copiers are fun, but you need to throw in weaknesses like that to keep them from going full on Amazo or Duplicate Boy in terms of stupid power levels. By the same token, if my team had gone up the "Big Seven" Justice League, the only person he'd be able to power copy would be the Flash, with Aquaman being a "maybe". But that's also why I think they should get a "stored power" option, since if my team went up against, say, Ultron, a power copier with no teammates to copy and no stored power would be kind of useless. It's one reason I went with Peter over Synch of Generation X, who was otherwise a solid pick. But it would have required upgrading Synch's power, and I figure it was better to instead limit Peter's power.

Re: Writing Tournament - Open Invitation to All - See Inside for Details

Posted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 4:07 am
by Ares
Shadowmask wrote:
Mon Jun 25, 2018 3:54 am
Peter Petrelli didn't just absorb the abilities or weaknesses of Evos, he also gain some of the psychological flaws like when he "gained" Sylar's hunger and bloodlust.
Which to me indicates that it's an actual component of that power, or at least TV Tropes seems to think so. It's possible that the original power didn't have that component to it, but that using it in the manner Sylar did twisted it into becoming an actual component of the power by the time Peter duplicated it.

Then again, I'm pretty much just using "Season 1" Peter, since the show pretty much turned into a mass of hot garbage during Season 2.

Re: Writing Tournament - Open Invitation to All - See Inside for Details

Posted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 7:02 am
by MacynSnow
Ares wrote:
Mon Jun 25, 2018 4:07 am
Shadowmask wrote:
Mon Jun 25, 2018 3:54 am
Peter Petrelli didn't just absorb the abilities or weaknesses of Evos, he also gain some of the psychological flaws like when he "gained" Sylar's hunger and bloodlust.
Which to me indicates that it's an actual component of that power, or at least TV Tropes seems to think so. It's possible that the original power didn't have that component to it, but that using it in the manner Sylar did twisted it into becoming an actual component of the power by the time Peter duplicated it.

Then again, I'm pretty much just using "Season 1" Peter, since the show pretty much turned into a mass of hot garbage during Season 2.
I blame the Writer's Strike for Season 2 Heroes,as the original bible was MUCH better conceived than what the new guys turned it into....

Re: Writing Tournament - Open Invitation to All - See Inside for Details

Posted: Thu Jun 28, 2018 5:23 am
by Ares
Alright, finally got another of one of my write-ups up while waiting for any last-minute contestants. Kuuga and Wuji are likely going to be the most writing intensive of the characters to stat up, so I figured I'd get them out of the way first. It's probably the lengthiest of the bios I'll be writing since Kuuga is probably the character most people will be unfamiliar with.

Re: Writing Tournament - Open Invitation to All - See Inside for Details

Posted: Fri Jun 29, 2018 2:53 am
by MacynSnow
Ares wrote:
Thu Jun 28, 2018 5:23 am
Alright, finally got another of one of my write-ups up while waiting for any last-minute contestants. Kuuga and Wuji are likely going to be the most writing intensive of the characters to stat up, so I figured I'd get them out of the way first. It's probably the lengthiest of the bios I'll be writing since Kuuga is probably the character most people will be unfamiliar with.
Let's see how strong his Mind is when Glider starts messing with him,or when Top throws his Balance off real bad.... :evil:

You know,i just realized that I'M the only one to pic an all Villian Team....O_o

Re: Writing Tournament - Open Invitation to All - See Inside for Details

Posted: Fri Jun 29, 2018 4:10 pm
by Ares
MacynSnow wrote:
Fri Jun 29, 2018 2:53 am
Ares wrote:
Thu Jun 28, 2018 5:23 am
Alright, finally got another of one of my write-ups up while waiting for any last-minute contestants. Kuuga and Wuji are likely going to be the most writing intensive of the characters to stat up, so I figured I'd get them out of the way first. It's probably the lengthiest of the bios I'll be writing since Kuuga is probably the character most people will be unfamiliar with.
Let's see how strong his Mind is when Glider starts messing with him,or when Top throws his Balance off real bad.... :evil:
Well, I assume that generally speaking, the Rogues are going to engage in "heists" more than outright team on team battles. If they go up against any of these teams like that airport scene in Capt. America: Civil War, they're probably going to get their asses handed to them. On the flip side, if they go the Batman route of picking the battlefield, taking out targets one at a time, and overall fighting dirty, they have a shot at winning.
You know,i just realized that I'M the only one to pic an all Villian Team....O_o
Well sure. The general default for these tourneys was that they'd be mostly heroes, if not exclusively heroes. Previous tournaments only made allowances for a single villain per group because the Power Geekers would toss people like Darkseid, Thanos, Amazo, and the like onto the team. I figured going with rules to limit and balance power levels worked better, and decided not to include any limits on villains.

Re: Writing Tournament - Open Invitation to All - See Inside for Details

Posted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 4:17 am
by Ares
Just letting everyone know I haven't forgotten about this. I'm going to work on finishing up the write-ups for my guys this week, and give anyone who still might want to join the chance to enter.
HalloweenJack wrote:
Thu Jun 21, 2018 9:49 pm
....ungh.....so tempted....so little time
Ken wrote:
Thu Jun 21, 2018 2:00 am
I don't think I can find enough info for other people on the non-comics Injustice League, so I'm out (at least until I get another idea.)

Plus, Nuclear Man is being added to the comics.
After this week, if we've still only got the four people, then I'd say rather than an elimination Tournament, everyone will get their own thread to write each encounter with the other team, in the vein that each match would be its own episode or two of a tv show, TV special, or oversized comic. At the end, we'll just accept votes from any board members who want to throw in their two cents, and the person with the most votes wins.

Re: Writing Tournament - Open Invitation to All - See Inside for Details

Posted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 3:39 pm
by MacynSnow
That sounds rather cool,actually.And i'm still in,btw. :)

Can we pick our 'Enemy team', or is it a free-for-all writing format?

Re: Writing Tournament - Open Invitation to All - See Inside for Details

Posted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 4:20 pm
by Ares
MacynSnow wrote:
Tue Jul 10, 2018 3:39 pm
That sounds rather cool,actually.And i'm still in,btw. :)

Can we pick our 'Enemy team', or is it a free-for-all writing format?
The way I'm envisioning it, each person will write about their team encountering the other teams, one at a time, in whatever order you wish. Basically break down each team fight into different chapters / encounters. So if you want to fight My team in Chapter 1, Batgirl's team in Chapter 2, and so on, you can. Or you can fight Batgirl's team first, etc.

You can also use whatever narrative device you want. Is your team brought together fighting one group and decides to stick around as a group after? Are you part of some multi-dimensional fighting tournament? Did some cosmic big wigs pick your team and using you in a chess match against others? Have fun with whatever you can come up with.

Re: Writing Tournament - Open Invitation to All - See Inside for Details

Posted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 7:51 pm
by MacynSnow
Ares wrote:
Tue Jul 10, 2018 4:20 pm
MacynSnow wrote:
Tue Jul 10, 2018 3:39 pm
That sounds rather cool,actually.And i'm still in,btw. :)

Can we pick our 'Enemy team', or is it a free-for-all writing format?
The way I'm envisioning it, each person will write about their team encountering the other teams, one at a time, in whatever order you wish. Basically break down each team fight into different chapters / encounters. So if you want to fight My team in Chapter 1, Batgirl's team in Chapter 2, and so on, you can. Or you can fight Batgirl's team first, etc.

You can also use whatever narrative device you want. Is your team brought together fighting one group and decides to stick around as a group after? Are you part of some multi-dimensional fighting tournament? Did some cosmic big wigs pick your team and using you in a chess match against others? Have fun with whatever you can come up with.
So,who's first?I'll try and have something up in the coming week...